Thursday 1 May 2008

This is another video of my experiences with eating disorders. I may make this a regular weekly feature, but I might run out of songs.

This video shows the way I used to behave, not how I currently do. It shows the methods of purging I used: mainly diet pills, skipping meals, throwing away food, eating only vegetables and excessive exercise. It also includes vomiting. This was a very rare occurance for me, but I felt it worth including. Every time I threw up after a binge, I swore it would be the last time. That promise was rather difficult to keep.



I show myself reading a novel at one point. This is Perfect by Natasha Friend. It's an excellent story of a girl suffering from bulimia.

The next clip shows me with a DVD. This is the movie Sharing the Secret, which is based on a true story. It deals with a bulimic girl being discovered by her mum and her journey towards recovery.

I took a lot of comfort from stories like this because it helped me feel less alone.

There are also clips of me looking at websites. These are Food Focus, which is a site for calculating calories eaten and burned, Anorexics Advice, a site aimed at wannarexics but helpful to those with eating disorders, Why We Hate Anorexia and my own blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how are you still kind of fat if you spend so much time starving yourself? You're not huge, but you have a lot of fat on your stomach area...